We are inviting all once-wed brides to pass on the love, recoup some wealth and fulfill a new bride’s dream… pay it forward! Give your dress another chance to walk down the aisle, while helping our carbon footprint. After all, recycling is not only good for our future, it’s good for the soul! If you have a designer bridal gown, veil, or shoes you would like to consign, please fill out our online submission form, or print it out, fill out and return it to Second Summer Bride PRIOR to bringing us your item(s). In addition to your application, please send at least one picture of your gown and/or item(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please be sure that your dress and/or other item(s), fulfill all the guidelines below.
If your submission is accepted, you will be contacted to schedule an intake appointment for you to bring in your item(s), process your paperwork and complete a contract.
Who can Consign?
• Anyone with once-wed (previously worn) dresses
• Those with new/never-worn dresses
• Those unsuccessful with an internet purchase
• Wedding boutiques with excess inventory, store samples, and /or discontinued dresses
• Designer wedding boutiques that are closing
Consigner Guidelines: (A formal, detailed contract will be signed upon intake)
•Bridal gowns must be less than 5 years old (with exception to vintage and select, dresses)
• The minimum accepted retail value for wedding gowns is $500-$1000 (preferable)
• We do not accept David’s Bridal or Alfred Angelo wedding dresses
• Gowns must be in new or excellent condition (any flaws must be noted on form)
• Pre-worn gowns must be professionally dry-cleaned prior to intake, or in ready to wear condition
• Gowns must be new, store sample or once-wed •Gowns will be kept for 120 days. 90 days at full price, 30 days at reduced price
• Consignor will receive a percentage (%) of net sale(s) of item(s) based on consignment agreement
• Checks will be issued within 30 business days after the item(s) sells
• Original designer labels must be sewn in gown
• Consignor mutually agrees on the price of the item(s). IMPORTANT NOTE: Remember to do your research. We'd rather sell your dress, than display an over-priced dress. Also, be advised that once wed gowns often sell for less than new or sometimes store samples, because they have already been worn. Once-wed gowns are typically offered for below what most consigning brides might 'expect' or think their gown is 'worth', simply b/c there is emotional attachment from the bride, there is no emotional attachment on behalf of the consignment reseller or bride to be purchasing. Price is determined by fair market value, desirability and demand.